Lithuania is a country in the Baltic region of Northern Europe, where the Baltic Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean. It has a population of over 2 million people, with Vilnius being its capital city. Lithuania is a member of the European Union and NATO. As part of its EU membership, Lithuanian citizens can study in other EEA countries without having to apply for visas or residence permits.
Six Reasons To Study In Lithuania.
- Lithuania is a small country with a big history. The country has been around for over 1,000 years, and it’s been through quite a lot since then: invasions by the Teutonic Knights, Soviets during World War II, and an attempted coup d’etat in 1991. But Lithuania’s past is what makes it such an interesting place to live today.
- The city of Vilnius boasts UNESCO World Heritage status for its historic Old Town district; Klaipeda is home to Europe’s largest aquarium; Varniai is known as “the capital of mushrooms”; Trakai has one of the largest castle complexes in all of Europe—and that’s just scratching the surface!
- Lithuanian universities are affordable! If you want to study abroad but don’t have much money (or any), studying in Lithuania could be your best option. While tuition fees may vary depending on which university you choose, most courses cost about $4 per credit hour (about $200/semester). Compare this with American colleges where many schools charge over $500 per credit hour!
* Lithuanian universities are high quality.
* According to several reputable rankings agencies (such as Quacquarelli Symonds), many Lithuanian institutions rank among Europe’s highest performers when it comes to academics.
* Lithuania is a great place to live.
* With its temperate climate and natural beauty close at hand (did we mention forests?), there’s no better place than Lithuania for both studying and enjoying life outside class hours.
Tuition Fees And Scholarships.
As students from outside the EU, you will be required to pay tuition fees at all universities in Lithuania.
The standard tuition fee for international students is 1494 EUR per academic year (2019/2020), which includes:
- Tuition fee
- Student social security fee (6% of salary paid by employer)
- Health insurance fee (up to €200)
Study Options For International Students.
The opportunities for study in Lithuania are exciting! Students have a variety of choices including:
- Undergraduate and graduate degrees at universities, polytechnics and colleges
- Distance learning programs to earn degrees from reputable higher education institutions around the world
- Study abroad opportunities for students who want to live in another country for an academic period or work with international students on a research project.
- Scholarships are available for deserving students from all backgrounds – you can apply now! These include awards from the Lithuanian Government, European Union Commission, NATO, UNESCO and other academic institutions throughout Europe. You might even be eligible if your family has been affected by war or natural disasters abroad as well as having good grades at school/university. Check out our website today!
Research Opportunities For Students.
Many of the universities in Lithuania offer opportunities for students to conduct research. These include mentorship programs, student research grants and competitions, and more.
Some of these opportunities are:
- [Student Research Grants](https://www.studyabroadblogger.com/6-award-winning-student-research-grants/)
- [Student Research Conferences](https://www.studyabroadblogger.com/student-research/)
- [Student Research Competitions](https://www.studyabroadblogger.com/student-research/)
Living In Lithuania As An International Student.
Lithuania is a small country with a population of 2.9 million people, making it one of the least densely populated countries in Europe. The country offers a more relaxed lifestyle than many other European countries and has long been known as an excellent destination for expat families.
It’s easy to find accommodation as there are hundreds of hostels, hotels and apartments available at reasonable prices throughout Lithuania. It’s best to use online resources such as airbnb or booking.com to book your accommodation before arriving in Lithuania so you can secure your home before moving in.
The cost of food varies depending on where you buy it from but generally speaking, groceries are cheaper than what they would be back home due to the low living costs here; however if you like eating out then this could become expensive over time especially if your diet includes lots of meat products like bacon which tends not be cheap here!
Study In Lithuania, A Country With Affordable And High Quality Education.
Lithuania is a country in Northern Europe, which is a member of the European Union. It is one of the fastest growing economies in the EU and has a high quality education system, healthcare system, and transportation system.
The Lithuanian government offers funding for students from outside Lithuania who wish to study there. The cost of living in Lithuania is relatively low compared to other countries around the world making it an ideal place for international students to study abroad at an affordable price!
In the end, choosing to study abroad is a decision that should be made carefully. You need to consider things like what you want to study, where you want to go and how much money you can spend on it all. Luckily, Lithuania offers affordable and quality education in English language which makes it an ideal choice for international students from all over the world!