Illegal Alien Tells ABC He ‘Definitely’ Would Not Have Attempted Crossing Under Trump

Share the Story :

Democrats and the Biden administration have tried to downplay the current border crisis as nothing out of the ordinary when, in fact, it is bad and getting worse.

They’ve also sought to deflect attention away from major policy changes made by Joe Biden to his predecessor’s border enforcement policies no sooner than he took office.

And it is precisely those changes, all enacted via executive order, that have become the biggest magnet for migrants in years.

 

But don’t take our word for it. A migrant father who crossed illegally into the U.S. this week was questioned about his motivation by ABC News’ Martha Radditz, and he point-blank told her if Donald Trump was still in office, he would have never risked coming to America.

The Daily Caller reports:

During a segment of “This Week” that aired Sunday morning, Raddatz interviewed a man from Brazil who had crossed the border with his wife and children — and he told her that he made the choice not to come until President Joe Biden took office.

“This father who asked we not show his face, traveled to Mexico from Brazil with his wife and three young kids before crossing the border,” Raddatz said, introducing the segment. “Would you have tried to do this when Donald Trump was president?”

“Definitely not. Definitely. We had the chance, you know, but the same violence that’s going on today was there last year,” the man said, clarifying that it was the changed political situation in the U.S. rather than anything in his home country that made the most difference. “We used to watch the news, I definitely wouldn’t do this.”

“Did you come here because Joe Biden was elected president?” Raddatz asked.

“Basically. Basically,” the man said, adding, “The main thing was the violence in my country, and the second thing I think was Joe Biden. You know, it’s like it lightened up my hope, you know what I mean?”

The Biden administration, meanwhile, continues to deny that there is a crisis on the border — all while blaming it on Trump.

n an interview with NBC News’ Chuck Todd on Sunday, Department of Homeland Security chief Alejandro Mayorkas defended the administration’s handling of the migrant crush and suggested that most illegal aliens were being turned away — except for kids.

“We are safely processing the children who do come to our border,” he said. “We strongly urge, and the message is clear, not to do so now. I cannot overstate the perils of the journey that they take.”

Mayorkas went on to blame the former president, falsely claiming he “dismantled the orderly, humane and efficient way of allowing children to make their claims under United States law in their own country.”

“We are rebuilding those orderly systems both in Mexico, in close partnerships with the Mexican government, and in the countries of Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador,” he said.

In fact, Trump’s policies are what led to the end of the migrant caravan crisis in 2019. He had secured agreements with the three Central American countries limiting the number of asylum claims made at the U.S. border. Under the Asylum Cooperative Agreements, asylum seekers were required to apply in their home countries in order to promote safety, security, DHS said at the time.

Without a doubt, the Biden regime owns the current migrant crisis, as migrants themselves have confirmed.


Share the Story :

Add Comment