On average, we spend 25 years of our life sleeping. This is necessary because getting proper rest is vital to our overall well-being. Sleeping well has many benefits — it not only revitalizes the body but also makes the brain work optimally.
We all realize that time is very precious, so it is of the utmost importance that the time spent sleeping is well spent. brings you smartzune.com an in-depth analysis of the various sleeping positions to help you choose the right one for yourself.
Sleeping on your back with your hands at your sides is considered to be the best sleeping posture. This posture is similar to the Savasana pose in yoga. Also known as the soldier position, it is known to have many health benefits.
- Perfect position to rest the spine, neck, and arms.
- Helps improve the overall posture.
- Reduces acid reflux.
- Helps maintain perky breasts.
- Cures insomnia.
- Reduces the chances of headaches.
- Prevents facial wrinkles.
- As gravity pulls down the tongue, this posture may aggravate snoring in people suffering from sleep apnea.
- Can adversely affect a fetus.
- Can cause lower back pain.
- Try sleeping on your back without a pillow. It will keep your body in a neutral position and might help reduce snoring.
- Using a large pillow under the back of your knees will help support the natural curve of your lower back.