How to Get a Canadian Student Visa?


Canada is a great place to study, and the Canadian government wants to make it easy for you to do so. If you’re planning on studying in Canada, here’s how you can apply for your student visa.

Know If You Need a Study Permit:

There are two types of Canadian student visas:

  • A study permit for studying for 6 months or more. You’ll need a study permit if you plan on studying in Canada for more than 6 months, but less than a full academic year.
  • An Open Work Permit (for those who have graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution). This allows international students to continue working after graduation from their program of study. A student visa is required when applying for an open work permit, though there is no limit to the length of time it can be issued for.

Provide Proof Of Financial Support.

Proof of financial support is a requirement for study permits. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself while studying in Canada and for your travel there, including return transportation.

You must be able to prove that you have at least $10,000 CAD (about $8,780 USD) if you’re studying for one year or less; this amount rises by $2,500 CAD ($2,280 USD) per additional year of study. If the course is longer than three months but shorter than 12 months (for instance), then the minimum needed is $7,000 CAD ($6,570 USD).

Get Proof Of Acceptance From a Canadian Institution.

For your visa application, you must have a letter from the institution that shows that you have been accepted. The letter should include:

  • Your name and date of birth.
  • The name of the school or program you’re going to attend.
  • The date you will begin classes at the school or program.

If your acceptance letter does not have all of this information, contact your university or college and ask them to send another copy with everything included. You can find out what documents they require by contacting them directly.

Apply Through The Official Canadian Immigration Website.

You’ll need to apply through the official Canadian immigration website. Make sure you have a valid passport and a visa if you are from a country that requires one.

The application process may take up to six months, so plan accordingly if you’re applying during high-demand times like summer or winter breaks.

Write Down Your Document Checklist:

Before you start the application process, it’s important to make sure you have all the documents required by IRCC. This includes:

  • Your passport or travel document (if you’re from outside Canada)
  • Proof of your English language proficiency (if applicable)
  • Evidence of funds for living and study in Canada

Make sure that each document is valid for at least six months after your intended date of entry into Canada. If your passport expires before this time, it must be renewed before applying for a Canadian student visa.

Get a Temporary Resident Visa If You’re Coming From Certain Countries.

If you’re coming from a country that has signed an agreement with Canada, you will need a temporary resident visa. This means that if you’re traveling to Canada on a work or study permit, but your country hasn’t signed an agreement with Canada (or the agreement only applies to diplomats), then you will need to apply for a temporary resident visa. If your country has not signed any agreements with Canada or has signed agreements only for diplomats, you will not be able to get a student visa.

The process of applying for a temporary resident visa is similar to applying for any other type of visa: You’ll complete an online application and submit it using our online system; then once we receive all the required materials from Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), including its CVO number or letter stating the duration of stay requested by IRCC, we’ll send those documents back directly for processing through IRCC’s central office in Toronto – this makes it easier than ever before! It usually takes around 10 business days after receiving these documents until we receive confirmation from IRCC that they received everything correctly; if there are any delays beyond that point (which happens rarely), they should notify us as soon as possible so we can keep everyone updated on progress moving forward! Once everything clears though – congratulations: Your new Canadian student visa is ready!

You Need To Apply For a Study Permit To Study In Canada, But First You Must Be Accepted Into An Institute Of higher Learning.

You need to apply for a study permit to study in Canada, but first you must be accepted into an institute of higher learning. The Canadian government has made it easier than ever to apply for an educational visa. Your prospective university will provide all the necessary information and paperwork needed when applying for a student visa.

Once you have been accepted by a Canadian university, you are ready to apply for your study permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). IRCC requires that all applicants provide proof of financial support during their stay in Canada as well as proof that they have adequate health insurance coverage during their stay in Canada.


There’s no question that Canada is one of the most sought-after countries for international students to study and work. The country has a reputation for being friendly, safe, and tolerant—all things we can’t say about everywhere in the world. With its multicultural makeup and diverse culture, Canada offers many opportunities for those who want to pursue higher education. If you’re looking into applying for a student visa as well as working while studying here, then follow these steps carefully!

Add Comment