Former Gaetz Staffer Breaks Silence, Speaks About Reason for His Departure

Share the Story :

A former staffer for Rep. Matt Gaetz has cleared the air regarding his recent departure from the Florida Republican, and it’s certainly not what the Washington Press Corps or predatory Democrats are going to want to hear.

In a press conference Monday, Nathan Nelson, who worked for Gaetz as his director of Military Affairs, told reporters that his leaving had nothing to do with recent allegations that the lawmaker was a sex trafficker.

“Nothing could be further from the truth,” Nelson said, adding that his departure had been planned for weeks before the allegations surfaced.

He’ll still be focused on military affairs, but in the private sector, Just the News reported.

Nelson also stuck up for Gaetz in a big way.

“This baseless claim against me makes me further convinced that the allegations against Congressman Gaetz are likewise fabricated and merely an attempt to discredit a very vocal conservative,” he said.

Nelson said he’s known the Florida lawmaker for six years stemming from when Gaetz was a state lawmaker, adding that he worked for him four of those years.

Watch:

In a blistering op-ed published in the Washington Examiner on Monday, Gaetz declared his innocence and blasted the Washington establishment “deep state” and media elite.

“Washington scandal cycles are predictable, and sex is especially potent in politics. Let me first remind everyone that I am a representative in Congress, not a monk, and certainly not a criminal,” he began.

Gaetz is being accused of dating a 17-year-old girl and then transporting her across state lines, which has led to a sex trafficking probe by the Justice Department. The Florida lawmaker and staunch ally of former President Trump has claimed that he and his father, former Florida state Sen. Don Gaetz, are the targets of a $25 million extortion scheme.

The elder Gaetz provided documents and materials to the Washington Examiner last week that appear to prove he and his firebrand son are telling the truth, though it’s not clear where the DoJ is in its investigation.

“To this point,” Gaetz continued, “there are exactly zero credible (or even non-credible) accusers willing to come forward by name and state on the public record that I behaved improperly toward them, in the manner by which Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo has ten accusers.”

“Just as they once falsely attacked President Donald Trump as a Russian asset, Justice Brett Kavanaugh as a gang rapist, and even John McCain as having fathered a child out of wedlock, they now attack me,” he added.

The congressman has been a constant thorn in the side of the political establishment on both sides of the aisle. While he has been plenty critical of Democrats, he has also traveled to Rep. Liz Cheney’s home state of Wyoming to support primary challengers to the No. 3-ranked House Republican.

Claiming he is been singled out for taking “on the most powerful institutions” in Washington, to include the political “establishment; the FBI, the Biden Justice Department; the Cheney political dynasty; even the Justice Department under Trump.”

“Yes, just like the mafia, the D.C. swamp protects its ‘made men,’” Gaetz continued, going on to write unequivocally: “I have never, ever paid for sex. And second, I, as an adult man, have not slept with a 17-year-old.”

Gaetz vowed to never resign as some have called on him to do.

“I’m going to fight like hell for my constituents and the country I deeply love. You deserve no less, especially right now,” he wrote.


Share the Story :

Add Comment