The world we live in is huge and mysterious, and nobody could possibly know everything about it. However, by learning more and more facts about the world, we can at least come a little bit closer to knowing everything. Facts allow us to compare data, find interesting parallels in the world and fully appreciate its diversity. Any facts in our mind give us the opportunity to notice things that other people may not. We’re sure that very few people know about things like a diamond city in the south of Germany, for example. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg!
At Bright Side, we’ve found 24 facts that will make you see the world in a completely different light.
- The right ear hears better than the left one. This is because the brain’s 2 halves don’t work the same way. During childhood, we’re more left-brain oriented. This side of the brain is responsible for speech and language. After that time, we just get used to it.
- Male dolphins give presents to female dolphins. They present them sponges as a symbol of their serious intentions.
- In China, white is the color of mourning.
- Sheep can recognize people’s faces, even in photos.
- There is a city that consists of 72 tons of diamonds: they are in the walls melded together with the building’s materials.
- Nikolay Shustov, a Russian businessman of the 20th century decided to promote his new cognac. He hired young people who went to bars and asked for Shustov’s cognac. When they didn’t get it, they started a fight. As a result, bar owners had to buy the necessary cognac, and people learned that it existed.