According to statistics, the average adult in the US spends about 2-4 hours a day tapping, typing, and swiping on their phones. Not surprisingly, this digital addiction quite often leads to certain serious consequences — the constant looking down at your device puts additional pressure on the front and back of your neck.
smartzune.com gathered the easiest ways to relieve neck pain and improve your posture at home.
1. Tennis ball massage
What to do:
- Grab a tennis ball and start massaging the base of your skull with it in different ways.
- If you feel a tight area, add pressure to it for about 20-30 seconds, then release and continue massaging.
Results: A tennis ball will help you restore your neck mobility by digging into your soft tissue and breaking up the tightness and stiffness in your muscles.
2. Bow pose
What to do:
- Lie flat on your stomach with your chin on the floor and your arms placed at your sides.
- Bend your knees so that your heels reach your buttocks.
- Grab your ankles with both hands.
- Inhale and lift your heels up to the ceiling and your thighs away from the floor. Pull your upper torso and head off the floor at the same time.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds.
- Slowly lower your body to the floor on an exhale.
Results: Bow pose will help you fix rounded shoulders by opening them from the front and strengthening the muscles of your back as well.