According to statistics, 20% of men and 13% of women have cheated on their spouses at least once in their life. No one wants to believe that their other half is a part of these statistics. At the same time, accepting the fact of having been cheated on is actually not as difficult as catching the cheater red-handed. Moreover, sensible doubts can often be explained with the fact that we might just be paranoid.
smartzune.com became interested in how internet users found out about the fact they were being cheated on. It turns out that harmless and everyday habits might help you spot the liar.
- Found my wife’s notebook. Written on the first page was a 10-step plan detailing how she was going to leave me for another guy. I turned it into one step. © decorama
- She pulled out her phone to take a video at my son’s birthday celebration and there was a text on the phone saying “I love you too.” © toobs623
- I learned that my husband was cheating on me when our bathtub got clogged. I cleaned it by myself and got a bunch of red hair out of it. I am blonde. © “Overheard”
- We had a linked Apple account and we both had the find my iPhone app. Figured out what all the late nights at work really were. © bldyjingojango
- Woke up to her on her phone with hearts scrolling in Facebook Messenger. We were married 7 years at that point. 2 kids. It was my birthday. © unknown author
- During one of her visits, my friend used my comb. I collected her hair and threw them on my hubby’s shirt just for fun. He admitted he was cheating on me with this friend. © “Overheard”
- My car smelled like cigarette smoke. Neither my wife nor I have ever smoked. I asked her. She turned pale. In that instant, all those “late nights” she had to spend at the restaurant they worked at clicked. She saw it in my eyes. And, I saw it in hers. © will-i-ambic
- My super genius ex-wife complained about the cost of our joint cell phone bill. She told me I was using it too much. I never used it except to call her phone which was free. So I looked over the bill and found the number to the dude she was cheating with. © The-Shadowcatt