Former President Donald Trump said in a Saturday statement he believes the country is far less safe under the Biden administration’s border policies and for bringing in tens of thousands of unvetted Afghani refugees as the U.S. pulled out of Kabul last week.
“Who are all of the people coming into our Country?” Trump began in a statement he issued through his Save America PAC.
“In addition to the Southern Border, with millions of unvetted people pouring in, we now have tens of thousands of totally unvetted Afghans, who many say are not the ones that should have come in,” Trump added.
“How many terrorists are among them? How much money is this costing? With all of these developments, our Country is more unsafe now than ever before—and many Americans are still left behind!” the former president added.
“Who are all of the people coming into our Country? In addition to the Southern Border, with millions of unvetted people pouring in, we now have tens of thousands of totally unvetted Afghans, who many say are not the ones that should have come in… pic.twitter.com/eWGvSh0uCa
— Liz Harrington (@realLizUSA) September 3, 2021
According to various reports, the Biden administration has evacuated around 124,000 refugees from Afghanistan, tens of thousands of which were transported to way stations in third countries but thousands of which have been brought to the United States without proper vetting, according to critics.
“Days after the Biden administration finished evacuating about 124,000 people from Afghanistan, it’s coming to grips with the reality that it doesn’t know who many of those people are,” Bloomberg News reported Saturday, adding that very few of them were on pre-approved “priority list” of Afghanis who assisted American forces at some point over the past 20 years.
“What’s emerging, according to government officials and advocates, is that a small percentage of the Afghan citizens who got out are the ones the U.S. pledged to place at the top of its priority list: the thousands who had worked for the U.S. and its allies as well as employees of nongovernmental groups and media organizations,” the outlet continued.
At the same time, roughly 23,000 Afghanis who were brought to the U.S. are considered “at risk,” according to State Department spokesman Ned Price, who spoke to reporters last week.
He went on to say that, at the time, only 4,446 American citizens had been evacuated from Afghanistan, along with around 2,800 legal permanent residents, though President Joe Biden has been heavily criticized in the days since for leaving hundreds of Americans behind, as well as Afghani allies.
“Some of those brave Afghans will be coming to make new lives with their families in America,” Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin said Wednesday regarding about 20,000 more Afghanis being processed at several U.S. military installations overseas.
And while Austin and other Biden administration officials have pledged to fully vet all Afghanis before they get to the U.S., critics have said there is no way the process will be done properly.
“Are we safer today than we were before 9/11? Absolutely not,” retired, decorated Homeland Security agent and author Eric Caron told Just the News.
“You know, our borders are wide open. And all we talk about right now is the southern border. No one’s paying attention to our northern border. And bad guys, as you know, and I know, will go where ever it’s soft,” he said in an interview published Friday.
“We’re not paying attention to our container ships that are coming into America,” Caron, who focused on port security and weapons of mass destruction when assigned to Dubai more than a decade ago, said.
“We have to understand our ports of entry, land ports, airports, seaports, they all need to be secure. We’re more vulnerable today than we have ever been, under this administration.”