Former White House physician for President Barack Obama and President Donald Trump Ronny Jackson, who now serves as a representative in Texas, suggested on Monday the President Joe Biden should be removed from office by the 25th Amendment.
The comments from Jackson came after President Biden’s total disaster in Afghanistan where the Taliban quickly took over the country after Biden’s abrupt and miscalculated pullout.
“Remember when I said it was time to consider the 25th Amendment and the LIARS in the liberal press ATTACKED me?” Jackson tweeted in response to a liberal journalist who previously tried trolling him. “I wonder what they think now after Biden is very OBVIOUSLY mentally incapable of leading during a crisis. Something MUST be done!”
Remember when I said it was time to consider the 25th Amendment and the LIARS in the liberal press ATTACKED me? I wonder what they think now after Biden is very OBVIOUSLY mentally incapable of leading during a crisis. Something MUST be done! https://t.co/oyyQ1nIKYa
— Ronny Jackson (@RonnyJacksonTX) August 16, 2021
Read Jackson’s tweets that he fired off throughout the day on Monday:
- “Why did it take so long for Biden to schedule an address to the public? WHAT WAS HE DOING THIS PAST WEEKEND!? The Afghan crisis is getting worse by the minute, and the ‘leader’ of the free world was hiding in the basement. THIS IS A DISGRACE!”
- “The only ‘solution’ to Afghanistan we’ve heard from the White House so far is ‘BLAME TRUMP!’ They won’t admit their failures, they won’t present a plan – they’re content with watching the world BURN then blaming Trump for their inaction. YOU CAN’T BLAME TRUMP FOREVER!”
- “If the buck stops with Biden, why didn’t he mention ONCE the absolute FAILURE this withdrawal has become? Americans are trapped in harm’s way, and their safety is in COMPLETE control of the murderous Taliban. This ‘response’ was REPULSIVE and DANGEROUS! #25thAmendment”
- “Why didn’t he take any questions afterwards? Oh, because he is just barely capable of reading a teleprompter and HE’S GOING BACK ON VACATION. Stay in the White House and DO YOUR JOB!”
- “Joe Biden’s WEAKNESS will have repercussions across the globe. China is watching, and now their state media is openly threatening Taiwan. Biden’s inaction this past weekend has made America WEAKER. Why won’t he do ANYTHING!?”
Biden’s disaster in Afghanistan has been strongly criticized by both parties. On Monday, CNN anchor Jake Tapper unleashed on the president for his “catastrophic exit” of Afghanistan.
During his pathetic speech on Monday, Biden blamed former Trump, the Afghan military and even the Afghan people for his catastrophic withdraw. Biden did admit that the Taliban takeover unfolded “more quickly than we had anticipated.”
“The president said that the buck stopped with him, but in fact, this speech was full of finger-pointing and blame, especially for the Afghans,” Tapper said. “…He did not really get into or accept any blame for the catastrophic exit that we have been watching on television in the last several days.”
The Week reports:
During the speech, Biden responded to questions over “why we did not begin evacuating Afghan civilians sooner” by saying that “some of the Afghans did not want to leave earlier.”
Reporting from Kabul, CNN’s Clarissa Ward argued the speech will “sound like hollow words” to Afghans, as Biden didn’t take responsibility or apologize for the “catastrophic manner of this withdrawal.” David Axelrod, who served as senior adviser to former President Barack Obama, also argued on CNN that Biden should have taken responsibility during the address.
“I thought that his case for why we had to get out was strong, it was compelling, and I think he had to do that as well,” Axelrod said. “But I do think that he needed to take responsibility. … He should have said, ‘It did not go as it should have,’ and taken responsibility for that.”
What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!